Monday, May 24, 2010

Garden update

In gardening news, we have eaten the first strawberries! Picked a small bowl -- maybe 15 -- on Friday. The patch is in bad shape, overgrown with weeds, and after this harvest I'm going to try and relocate the plants.

The blackberry bush has blossoms and some things I assume will turn into blackberries.

I planted bean seeds at least three weeks ago, but they never came up. I replanted them Saturday as well as put seven pepper seedlings into the ground. Tonight I put in seven cauliflower plants.

Left to plant -- tomatoes that are currently in paper cups, and cucumbers I was planning to seed directly in the ground. Had a little surprise -- I found some volunteer cucumber plants growing over where I had them last year! There are about five plants all clustered together. One of them in particular is very robust and I'll have to do the rest of the garden around it, apparently!

No comments:

Post a Comment