Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pests

I am pleased to report that spricket sightings have dropped dramatically since we added Emily the cat to our family. I don't know exactly what she did to make such a difference -- I wouldn't think that one little kitty could take down that population. But maybe she knocked out the breeders and then the older sprickets just died off? Whatever she did, she's worth her weight in Meow Mix. Augie and Spot, the elderly man cats, just didn't care about hunting.

Something very disconcerting, though, is that from time to time I discover little mouse droppings in the kitchen cabinets. I haven't actually SEEN a mouse in years, and Emily The Huntress is never interested in prowling the kitchen (except in search of people food), so if they're in there, she doesn't hear or smell them.

No comments:

Post a Comment