Monday, June 11, 2012

Florida bound

Hey everybody.  Dan's at a Microsoft conference for work.  I also work in computing but I don't get sent to these kind of cool conferences.  Ah well, I will have to spend my days as a tag-along in Orlando languishing by the pool reading novels instead of listening to nerds talk.  Tough life.

We came down to Florida the weekend before the conference (just me and Dan... no kids, they are with their father this month).  Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure!



Dan loves to have pictures taken in which he is eating something in a strange manner.  In this case he is eating what he calls "potato crack" (McDonalds fries) and we are each enjoying a most healthy cold drink as we wait by our airport gate.



I love window seats.  In this case, while we were sitting on the tarmac for 45 minutes waiting to take off, I could keep watch out the window, cursing all the planes that went ahead of us and laughing at those that we passed by.

There was an enormous rainbow arcing over the airport as we first pulled away from our gate.  I don't know that I have ever seen one so wide.  I wish I had been able to get a picture.



I did get this beautiful sight later, though.  We were flying south and I was on the east side of the plane.  The sun as it set, reflected off the plane's engine, was pretty cool.



I know I haven't gotten so far in my wedding recap to tell the story of how our midsize Chevy Malibu-type rental got mysteriously turned into a BMW X5 SUV.  But strangely enough, this switcheroo happened again this weekend when our reserved economy rental SOMEHOW became a convertible sports car.  You can see a suspicious grin on Dan's face.



Grinning here too as, top down, we speed away from the airport.  Careful you don't catch flies, Dan!



All right, so MAYBE I was enjoying myself...



It's 11:30 pm, and we just pulled up, in our sparkly blue convertible Mustang, to a Dunkin Donuts, in Cocoa Beach, Florida.  Really could this evening be any better??

Next up, more pictures from our time in Cocoa Beach.  I will get back to the wedding soon, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment