Sunday, October 14, 2012

Family Times

On Friday evening we drove up the road to Mount Dora, an old town on the shore of Lake Dora.  The downtown area consisted of a few streets with little antique shops, boutiques, art galleries, and cafes.  I imagine it would be really nice to stroll around in the evening, maybe without kids next time.


We ate at PizzAmore in downtown Mount Dora.  The pizza was OK, the garlic knots were yummy and swimming in olive oil, but nicest of all was just sitting outside and enjoying the falling of the evening.  They decorated their patio area with cobwebs, orange lights, and a few surprises -- such as a zombie foot -- that Holly enjoyed finding.


Dan is probably checking us in on Facebook in this picture.  Surprisingly enough Thea is not texting anyone... or is she?  What is she holding on her lap, hmmm?

Today we took the boat out onto the nearby lakes again.  As we were standing on the boat ramp, I saw two bald eagles flying overhead.  There's something about watching eagles that just gives you goose bumps.


Here I am tubing on Lake Dora.  None of the three kids wanted to go on the tube, so Mom was forced to step up to the plate.  I had a good time -- the water was not too cold, and Dan did as I asked and didn't try to throw me off.  Near the end of my ride, though, the wind picked up and the water got choppier.  The spray in my face made it impossible to keep my eyes open.  It's kind of no fun to tube with your eyes shut.


This is likely one of the reasons that Holly didn't want to ride the tube.  She had a fever most of the day Saturday, and although today her temperature was mostly normal, she said her throat hurt.  Faith was home sick from school on Thursday and Friday.  I wonder if these germs will make the rounds of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment