Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Reading in 2012

I surpassed my 2011 book-reading goal -- my goal was 18 books and I read 34.  I usually have a huge surge in the summer and early fall, and then tail off through the last two months.  That was how it was this year.  I finished reading the 32nd book in early October.  Anyway, you can see the list here if you are interested.  By and large it was a good bunch of books.

This year's goal is 20 books.  I have about that many waiting on the shelf to be read.  I'm starting off this year with 2001 Pulitzer Prize-winner The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon.  I'm about a quarter of the way through, and let me say that it is definitely a crushing novel for a wanna-be novelist to read.  The story is awesome so far, and yet I have to keep stopping and reading back over paragraphs just for sheer enjoyment of the way the sentences are crafted.

What are you reading this year, or what did you love last year?  I would love to hear your recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment