Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sky

The kids have been going to Vacation Bible School at our church this week in the evenings.  Holly is an attendee, but Thea took on the role of one of the crew leaders and Faith has been an all-around helper.

I was one of the program leaders at VBS my first year at this church.  I had two little kids plus a crawling baby, and I was lonely and tired in the evenings, and thought it would be a good chance for us all to get out of the house.  I don't usually like to be up in front of a group, even a group of kids, so it was out of character for me to volunteer.  I still am not sure what possessed me to do it.

But, I'm glad I did.  I met a lot of people in the church, made some friends, and focused on something outside myself and my troubles.  It was a good, good thing.

I'm gonna miss this place!  It's a flawed little church, but there are earnest and accepting people here who love Jesus, and I have been blessed to be a part of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment