Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Halloween fixins

Work continues on the girls' Halloween costumes. My time frame has been cut short by the fact that they want to wear these costumes to a party at Thea's old school, this weekend. So I have two whole less weeks than originally thought. At the moment Faith's is closest to being done, followed by Holly's. Thea's costume... I don't know what I'll do about it.

Updated costs:

FaithTheaHolly
Gown:  3.99
Turtleneck:  2.49
Earmuffs:  1.99
Gun:  0.99
Belt:  2.90
Boots:  7.90
Gloves:  2.99
Skirt:  1.99
Wings:  1.99
Sheer material:  8.39
Pleather:  3.37
Tulle:  .23
Orange felt: 2.99
Other felt:  1.50
T-shirt:  1.99
$12.36$26.86$6.48

But at least tonight we finished up the invitations to their Halloween/birthday party.  The girls did most of the work themselves -- Thea made the ribbon bats, while Faith cut all the paper and glued it together.  I had to come along behind them and re-glue the eyes on the bats and the bats to the invitations, since the "Tacky Glue" that Thea had used was failing to hold very well.  I ended up using hot glue.  They turned out pretty cute!




No comments:

Post a Comment