Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Spam and Fall

Have you ever noticed that when you visit your Gmail spam folder, the Google-generated ads that appear at the top of the screen usually involve recipes using Spam?  Is Google just trying to be funny?  Because they're supposed to know all about me, and that makes me think their algorithms are crap.  I already know that Facebook doesn't really know me.

Faith's and Holly's Halloween costumes will be done soon and I'll post pictures.

Check out this flashback.  Seven years ago this weekend, a friend and I took our girls camping.  Thea was 5, Faith was 3, and Paige, my friend's daughter, was 4.  It was a very cold and rainy weekend, and would have been miserable except for the fact that we allowed ourselves to gripe and laugh about the situation and in turn be more patient with the unhappy kids.  In particular I remember that we said "oh well" and let the girls play on a drenched playground in the rain, not worrying about the fact that they were getting soaked.

Anyway, we visited that same park this past weekend, and took a picture of the same three girls along a trail.  Now ages 12, 10 and 11, my how they have changed!

In October 2004
In October 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment